[NEMO-devel] Modelling generation cost for 100% renewable energy scenario with different reliability constraints

Arionmaro Simaremare arionmaro.simaremare at student.unsw.edu.au
Thu Oct 12 23:32:53 AEDT 2017

Dear Dr. Ben

My name is Arionmaro Asi Simaremare, postgraduate student of renewable energy engineering at UNSW. I am currently doing my thesis project under supervisory of Dr. Anna Bruce and Dr Iain Macgill and use NEMO to simulate renewable energy penetration into electricity grid in Indonesia.

I have several question regarding simulation with NEMO. I did simulations for 100 percent renewable energy penetration with NEMO and evaluate the cost and generation mix for different reliability standard (unserved energy) constraints. I was expecting the simulation result would give different generation cost and mix for different reliability constraints, higher cost for tighter reliability constraints. However, the simulation give different result. It shows that no significant effect of reliability constraints to generation costs and generation mix, as shown in the attached document. I also attach the simulation result for 100 percent scenario for different reliability constraints.

Please, give me advise on what might wrong with my simulations and what I can do next.

Thank you.

Regards,

Arionmaro Simaremare