Using bestcomm in an external module (MPC5200B to be exact)

Sylvain Munaut tnt at 246tNt.com
Wed Jun 21 05:03:35 EST 2006

Quoting Trueskew <trueskew at gmail.com>:

> Hi Andrey,
>
> Thanks for the reply.  I did notice that a few weeks ago and was waiting for
> the patch state to be changed from "New" to "Accepted".  Can you give me
> more details on how you found out bestcomm won't be included in 2.6?  The
> latest downloadable LTIB from Freescale for the Lite5200b includes bestcomm
> in several places, and the mpc52xx fec driver uses it, along with the ATA
> driver that Sylvain provided a patch for.
>
> As for http://www.246tNt.com/mpc52xx/, it's been coming up "page not found"
> for me for those same few weeks when I've tried it off an on, and
> www.246tNt.com just has a Welcome line in it.

Yes sorry about that ...
server crash ... hard ... we kinda lost a lot. Hopefully
gitbits.246tNt.com which host the bestcomm stuff is on another server.

I also have a newer / cleaner version of the patch. I've sent it to some
dev (Dale, Andrey & John) for comments (any news on that guys ? or are you
just fine with it ?)

But anyway, it's mainly internal cleanup and adapting drivers
from the public version on my git tree to this newest/cleaner
version is a 15 min work ;)

Sylvain