Kernel debugging problem on MPC5200.

TXEMA LOPEZ tlopez at aotek.es
Tue Sep 27 17:24:51 EST 2005

Hi All,
We are planning to develop a new product based on a MPC5200 and Linux RTAI. So we are evaluating the BDI2000 and we have found some problems when we pretend to debug de linux kernel. Starting with U-boot we are able to break at start_kernel() and do some steps and software breakpoints. But suddenly (inside the init() function) all the memory map becomes all 0's and the U-boot reboots. We think could be the watchdog but watching in the watchdog register when we stop in start_kernel the watchdog seems to be not enabled.
What are we missing?

We have an IceCube (MPC5200 Evaluation Board) running a kernel version 2.4.25 from Denx and a gcc 3.3.6. The kernel is booted by the U-boot 1.1.3
Here are our BDI2000 configuration file and our linux configuration.
 <<IceCube5200.cfg>>  <<autoconf.h>>
Any suggestion will be welcomed.

Best regards,

Jose María López
R&D Software Department
Fagor Automation S. Coop.
P. O. Box 144
E-20500 Mondragón-Arrasate
Tel. 	++34 943 71 92 00
	++34 943 71 92 01 (Ext. 44290)
Fax. 	++34 943 79 92 03
www.fagorautomation.com

*	Este mensaje y los documentos que, en su caso, lleve anexos, pueden contener información confidencial. Por ello, se informa a quien lo reciba por error que la información contenida en el mismo es reservada y su uso no autorizado está prohibido legalmente, por lo que en tal caso le rogamos que nos lo comunique por la misma vía , se abstenga de realizar copias del mensaje o remitirlo o entregarlo a otra persona y proceda a borrarlo de inmediato.
*	 Mezu honek eta txertatuta eraman ditzakeen dokumentuek informazio konfidentziala izan dezakete. Hori dela eta, nahi gabe hartzen duenari jakinarazten zaio bertako informazioa erreserbatua  dela eta baimenik gabe erabiltzea legez debekatuta dagoela; horregatik, bide beretik guri jakinarazteko eskatzen diogu, eta aldi berean  mezuaren kopiarik ez egiteko, beste pertsona bati ez emateko eta berehala ezabatzeko erregutzen diogu."
*	This message together with any documents attached may contain confidential information. You are informed that if you should receive it by mistake, the information it contains is reserved and its use is not authorized. It is legally prohibited. If you have received this message by mistake, please let us know as soon as possible by e-mail. Do not make any copies of the message, nor send it or give it to anybody else. Please delete it right away.