using SCC4 on MPC8272ADS

Vitaly Bordug vbordug at ru.mvista.com
Wed Sep 21 20:55:53 EST 2005

Landau, Bracha wrote:
> I am using the MPC8272ADS with kernel 2.6.10. The kernel is configured to support 4 CPM SCCs, of which 1 and 4 are connected on the board.
> I created device files as follows:
>
> mknod /dev/ttyCPM0 c 204 46
> mknod /dev/ttyCPM1 c 204 47
> mknod /dev/ttyCPM2 c 204 48
> mknod /dev/ttyCPM3 c 204 49
>
> If I boot the kernel using console=ttyCPM3 I see that it uses SCC4. But when I boot with console=ttyCPM0 and write to the second port using a command like "echo hello > /dev/ttyCPM3" I don't see that anything is being outputted to the second console.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Funny - you said that SCC 1 and 4 are connected to the board; than why
you are enabling SCC2 and SCC3?

This board does have 2 SCCs assigned for UARTs. No need to configure
SCC2 and SCC3 - this is useless and may lead to kernel crash. This board
will use in the correct configuration /dev/ttyCPM0 <SCC1> and
/dev/ttyCPM1 <SCC4>.

--
Sincerely,
Vitaly