Getting Perl on Embedded Linux PowerPC

Russell McGuire rmcguire at uwbt.com
Fri Sep 16 09:12:42 EST 2005

Anyone,

I was attempting to get some ATM Tools compiled into the embedded PowerPC,
and found I needed Perl installed on the target before I continue.

So my question...

Has anyone had any luck getting any version of Perl 5 or higher installed
onto the file system. I am still running this over the NFS dev environment,
and plan to remove it before final production, so space is of no concern at
the moment.

Or perhaps a pre-compiled RPM that installs, that is built for PowerPC.

I am using DENX Linux 2.4.25 at the moment, with pretty much the default
root file system that is provided.

-Russ