Init hangs

Marco Schramel Schramel.Linux at go.bartec.de
Fri Aug 6 16:26:21 EST 2004

Dear Wolfgang,

> The fragmentation is OK, but this is not what you're looking for.

Ok.

> You should see a couple of LOOKUP calls, probably in the sequence  of
> /dev, console, sbin, init, lib, ld.so.1, and so on. Find out what the
> last succesful lookup call was, and what happens after this.

Searching the outputfile of ethereal tells me that the last working nfs LOOKUP call is the libc-2.3.1 call. After this and a lot of Read Call, Read Reply transfers the Target doesn't answer the host.
(ARP  "who has targetip-address?"). Before this, the ld.so.preload LOOKUP call fails.
(History: dev, console, sbin, init, lib, ld.so.1, ld-2.3.1.so, etc, ld.so.preload (fails), ld.so.cache, libc.so.6, libc-2.3.1, than it crashes). Is the ld.so.preload necessary?

Best regards
Marco

--
---------