Init hangs

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Aug 6 18:11:46 EST 2004

In message <200408060826.21301.Schramel.Linux at go.bartec.de> you wrote:

> Searching the outputfile of ethereal tells me that the last working nfs LOOKUP call is the libc-2.3.1 call. After this and a lot of Read Call, Read Reply transfers the Target doesn't answer the host.
> (ARP  "who has targetip-address?"). Before this, the ld.so.preload LOOKUP call fails.
> (History: dev, console, sbin, init, lib, ld.so.1, ld-2.3.1.so, etc, ld.so.preload (fails), ld.so.cache, libc.so.6, libc-2.3.1, than it crashes). Is the ld.so.preload necessary?

No, it's not necesary. It's normal that this lookup fails.

Looks as if your init is crashing.

Try running a (statically linked)  shell  instead  (by  passing  some
init=/bin/sh" option on the boot command line).

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
It is easier to write an incorrect program than understand a  correct
one.