Init hangs

Marco Schramel Schramel.Linux at go.bartec.de
Fri Aug 6 01:28:52 EST 2004

Hi Wolfgang,

thanks for your reply.

> > my kernel hangs by initializing the system. My target is mpc8270-based. I use ELDK 3.0 and mount my root-fs over nfs.
> > Denx-kernel 2.4.25.
> > It seems like it hangs in "run_init_process("/sbin/init");" or the /sbin/init - file does not work.
> > Sometimes the message "INIT: version 2.84 booting" is showed. And after printing this message it hangs, too.
> > But the most times it looks like above.
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> Run ethereal and have a look at  the  network  traffic.  Check  which
> files get loaded and/or accessed. This might give you an idea.

i started ethereal and saw that the NFS read calls from target to host, are answered with two IP "fragmented IP protocols" by the host,
followed by a NFS read reply [Unreassembled Packet] by the host, too. And that goes on and on until the connection is dead.
I am not sure whether the fragmentation of ip in two packets is correct? There is no additional traffic it is "only" mounting and using rootfs over NFS.

Can you help me ?

Thanks
Marco

---------