Trying to use ELDK to build Ebony/440GP

Matt Porter porter at cox.net
Fri Jan 31 07:37:43 EST 2003

On Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 11:06:12AM -0800, brian.auld at adic.com wrote:
> (2) What's the best method to successfully build a kernel for the ebony
> board using the ELDK tools:
>      - Port ebony support into e-new?
>      - Try and work out build issues with 2_4_d configured for 'ebony'.
>
> Wanted to solicit some feedback before I go into tangent land.

I can't imagine why any ppc4xx toolchain couldn't build a properly
configured linuxppc_2_4_devel ebony kernel.  It's working right now
for my toolchain (mvista)...I haven't used ELDK for a little while now.

I take you have done the following?:

	make ebony_config
	make oldconfig
	make dep zImage

Where you have hacked ARCH and CROSS_COMPILE in the top-level Makefile
or have a script which passes in the appropriate prefix for your
toolchain.  i.e. "make ARCH=ppc CROSS_COMPILE=ppc_405- <rule>"

Regards,
--
Matt Porter
porter at cox.net