Howto install bootloader using jtag?

Nitesh Goyal nitesh_ppc at lycos.com
Fri Jan 31 07:26:54 EST 2003

>The first thing you do is create an appropriate config file for the debugger
>and board.  If you go to ftp://ftp.denx.de/pub/BDI2000/ you can get Abatron
>BDI config files for the ep405 board.  You run this script then download the
>pcl____.ep file that is on the documentation CD.
I have downloaded the script(config file) on my host machine (x86). How do I run the script ? If I am right, it has to be run on the board, but the problem is, I can't communicate to the board with serial-port.

>You should be able to download and execute it in one
>simple step.
The problem is I do not know how to download an image from the host to the board because I've overwritten the bootloader.

Also, if I'm right, the JTAG has to be connected to the parallel port of host and the bootloader image needs to be downloaded using "some" utility ?

TIA,
-nitesh