I2C RTC with MPC8xx?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jan 30 19:38:10 EST 2003

In message <3E37D18D.7080900 at imc-berlin.de> you wrote:

> > Use drivers/i2c/i2c-algo-8xx.c and add your own version of
> > drivers/i2c/i2c-ds1337.c ?
> Hmm. But there must be at least one excample!?

Of course there are examples. Just look in drivers/i2c/

> How else should all the people using PPCBoot/U-Boot and I2C RTCs on MPC8xx
> platforms access them from Linux...
>
> But where could I find one? Isn't LWMON using an I2C RTC? But I just can't find
> the driver...

LWMON uses a Philips PCF8563 RTC, but the LWMON board uses a  special
(lean,  non-standard)  I2C  driver  (drivers/i2c/i2c-simple.c) so the
driver as used on LWMON ("drivers/char/pcf8563_rtc.c") will not  help
you  much.  But there is also a standard drivers fopr other RTC chips
in our source tree.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Let's say the docs present a simplified view of reality...    :-)
                      - Larry Wall in  <6940 at jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV>