ELDK rebuild from scratch on RHL 8.0

Eli Brin elib at rokonet.co.il
Thu Jan 30 00:23:10 EST 2003

Hello,

We are trying to build the ELDK from scratch on Redhat Linux 8.0.

The build environment is the same as described in the documentation.

We run the ELDK_BUILD script and it executes the build.sh rpm stage.

It seems that some files are not created and Makefile for rmp-4.0.3 is not
created to.

I have tried also with automake 1.7.2 and autoconf 2.57 with no success.

We found the following text:
....> I had a problem with autogen.sh when compiling TN5250 on RedHat 8.0.
....> (This was 0.17.1 downloaded from CVS.)  It had worked OK on RedHat
7.3.
....>
....> The problem was it didn't copy ltmain.sh to the TN5250 directory,
which
....> caused later fatal errors.  automake versions prior to 1.6 run
....> libtoolize internally to get ltmain.sh.  But in 1.6 they took
libtoolize
....> out of automake and put it in autoreconf, part of autoconf.  (RedHat
7.3
....> has automake 1.4, while 8.0 has 1.6.)
....>
....> The fix was to put libtoolize into autogen.sh just before the call to
....> automake.  Works OK now.

.... I had the same problem with RedHat 8.0, but hadn't had a chance to
chase
.... down the problem yet.  Thanks for posting this!

I don't know if its related to this problem, because the libtoolize is in
the autogen script.

Any ideas ?  I am sure I followed the instructions carefully, but...

Best Regards,
Eli Brin