Need IDE for embedded Linux project

Kenneth Johansson ken at kieraypc01.tn.sw.ericsson.se
Sat Jan 25 04:39:29 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-01-21 at 21:10, brian.auld at adic.com wrote:

> Option 4: Linux development server <--> PC-X server software
>           (hummingbird) on windows development hosts.

This is the one you want. But the windows machines would not be the
developent host but the x server. Since all the programs and files would
be on the one linux box that would be the development host.

You can test a setup like this with
http://www.cygwin.com/ + http://www.cygwin.com/xfree/ without spending
any money on software.

If you want to spend money I have previously used
http://www.ncd.com/products/software/pcxware/ and at least version 4
works quite good.

Also you want to configure this with XDM (XDMCP) this way it looks just
like everyone had their own linux computer.

--
Kenneth Johansson
Ericsson AB                       Tel: +46 8 404 71 83
126 25 Stockholm                  ken at switchboard.ericsson.se