Problem with data cache on MPC823E

Wells, Charles Charles.Wells at nielsenmedia.com
Wed Jan 22 07:40:14 EST 2003

Jan,

The following question assumes that your DRAM is physically organized as
32-bits wide and connected to CS1.

Do you have the PS field of BR1 set to 00 (32-bit mode) or is it set to 01
(8-bit mode)? If it's set to 8-bit mode, a burst access becomes 16 bus
cycles, which looks a lot like 4 bursts.

Regards,
Charlie