MTD device

Muaddi, Cecilia cecilia.muaddi at alloptic.com
Tue Jan 21 06:25:36 EST 2003

Hello all,

I am in the process of setting up the MTD driver to access my onboard flash,
and ran into some problem here.

I have followed the howto of "mtd-jffs-howto.txt" to configure the kernel to
have the MTD support as build-in support.

I am running 2.4.7 kernel source code from TimeSys.

Looks like the kernel did recognize the flash device and when use the
following command
> cat /proc/mtd

dev:	size	erasesize	name
mtd0: 01000000 00040000	"Physically mapped flash"

---------
However, I do not see /dev/mtdx under the /dev directory.  Is there
something I am missing here?

Ultimately I will like to mount the JFFS2 on the MTD, and will appreciate
any help out there.

Thanks

Cecilia