ramdisk mount problem

Frederic Soulier soulier at aztec-radiomedia.com
Wed Jan 15 19:33:43 EST 2003

Prakash,

   It seems that your kernel didn't get any information about where is your
init ramdisk.
  Which boot loader do you use ? On which board ?

  In the kernel sources, I guess your initrd_start is set to NULL, so you
have to verify in the platform_init() function (usually found in
arch/ppc/platforms/<your board>_setup.c) that you are really handling
parameters from the boot loader. This is done something like that :

void __init
platform_init(unsigned long r3, unsigned long r4, unsigned long r5, unsigned
long r6, unsigned long r7)
{
[...]
 if (r4) {