Configure 8xx_io in 2.4.21-pre3

James Don JDon at spacebridge.com
Wed Jan 15 03:06:19 EST 2003

Hi Xiaogeng...

Here are some things I would check :

1.) I recommend start with UART only build of the kernel first

2.) Did you check that your PA,PB,PC, and PD pins are set up properly ...

I my custom board had pins moved for things like enet on SCC ? However
normally I believe SMC1 only can be on one pair of pins for a UART ...
another

3.) Another thing to look at is your BRG clock for your board ... in my
kernel I found mvista didn't look at the some parts of the hardware reset
word that divide down my 80 Mhz reference intenerally before it goes to the
brg ... I was really surprised this code wasn't there ...

Good luck,
Jim