request_irq, MPX8xx, IDE, PCMCIA, ...

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Tue Jan 7 05:23:06 EST 2003

On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 06:11:05PM +0100, Steven Scholz wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> last year ide-cs was working on MPC8xx platforms.
>
> It was necessary to define
>
> 	define ide_request_irq(irq,hand,flg,dev,id)
> request_8xxirq((irq),(hand),(flg),(dev),(id))
>
> in the board specific header file.
>
> I just relalised that on December 16 code in ide-probe was changed!!!

As part of the IDE cleanup, yes.

> What is the status of the request_8xxirq() vs request_irq() stuff?

At the certain annoyance of Dan Malek (sorry Dan), really really soon
now.  I've got a local (Marcelo-based) 2.4 with the changes in, and lightly
tested.  Once it passes some more heavy 'stress', I'll ask Paul to send
it onto Marcelo.

--
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/