ppc32: Weird process scheduling behaviour with 2.6.24-rc

Michel Dänzer michel at tungstengraphics.com
Tue Jan 29 21:14:29 EST 2008

On Mon, 2008-01-28 at 13:56 +0100, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> * Peter Zijlstra <a.p.zijlstra at chello.nl> wrote:
>
> > > i think it would be OK to do half of this: make it easier to preempt
> > > a +nice task. Michel, do you really need the -nice portion as well?
> > > It's not a problem to super-preempt positively reniced tasks, but it
> > > can be quite annoying if negatively reniced tasks have super-slices.
> >
> > This should do that (unless I need a stronger cup of tea).
>
> cool - thanks Peter. Michel, could you check Peter's patch, does it
> resolve all the interactivity problems you've been seeing?

I'm now running with this patch and Srivatsa's patch, and together they
provide good interactivity even with CONFIG_FAIR_USER_SCHED enabled and
the default value of /proc/sys/kernel/sched_wakeup_granularity_ns. :) So
both patches seem to have the expected effect.

/proc/sys/kernel/sched_features contains 7.

Thanks,