How to write a device driver in such a fashion .????

Misbah khan misbah_khan at engineer.com
Mon Jan 7 18:07:33 EST 2008

Hi all ....

I need your suggession to write a driver with such requirements :-

On Initiation by the application of which key is pressed driver should
perform the task accordingly. There are 7 keys so seven different task the
driver will perform.

1 . I do not want to use any entry point such as read/write/ioctl. In such a
case how to access the driver.
2. We dont want to implement this as a chracrter driver.
3. The driver shall look pretty much like an application where in asscssing
the H/W memory map .

Hence no entry point and no registeration but an application could be able
to communicate ....

I need your suggession in this regard .....

-----Misbah