8641 open nits

Kumar Gala galak at kernel.crashing.org
Sat Jun 24 04:12:30 EST 2006

On Jun 23, 2006, at 10:31 AM, Jon Loeliger wrote:

> So, like, the other day Kumar Gala mumbled:
>> Jon,
>>
>> Any update on the following nits:
>> * duplication of entry in cputable
>
> Earlier, we discussed it internally, and there are a few
> issues differentiating the cores, so the sentiment was to
> leave it as is for now.

Can this be explained, I dont like the idea of having an entry to
matches on specific version and does have any differences with the
generic match.  Why not remove it now and when you have something
that is special for 864x that we add it then.

>> * include of <platforms/86xx/mpc8641_hpcn.h> in asm-powerpc/mpc86xx.h
>
> That has to stay unless the IRQ patch is applied first.
> Ben said "No" to that one so far.  The include stays for now.

I dont follow, what IRQ information is in mpc8641_hpcn.h that is
needed by mpc86xx.h?

>> * mpc86xx_exclude_device cleanup and movement to pci.c
>> * fixing up mpc86xx_hpcn_probe()
>
> Those are all going to be cleaned up pending Ben's IRQ rewrite.

What does probe have to do with Ben's IRQ rewrite?

- kumar