netboot yaboot with yaboot.conf inside an initrd.

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Fri Feb 5 19:41:20 EST 2010

Hi Greg.

On Thu, Feb 04, 2010 at 07:03:28AM -0500, Greg Rodgers wrote:

> I want to netboot yaboot with the yaboot.conf , real linux kernel and real
> initrd inside an outer initrd.
> The systems I want to boot are completely diskless.
> Here is how I build the outer initrd and the bootable zimage

Why can you not just place the "real" kernel and intrd on a TFTP and boot into
them directly? why go through the middle man?.  If you really need to boot into
a 2.6.18-128.el5 kernel (and initrd) then to launch the second kernel (no
/seperate/ initrd) you'd need to use kexec on a vmlinux.

Yours Tony