Dual Boot on a PS3

Paul Nasrat pnasrat at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 17 16:29:13 EST 2008

> YDL uses kboot. Dual boot isn't possible but I've heard of some people using
> qemu to "run" Windows.

Umm it's a boot loader, you have to do some hacks to get
/etc/kboot.conf sync'd (maybe shared /boot and I imagine but you
should be able to.

http://www.louiscandell.com/ps3/

>From the petitboot site:

When petitboot starts, it will try to find existing Linux
installations, by looking for /etc/kboot.conf, /etc/yaboot.conf or
/boot/petitboot.conf files on any storage device connected to the
system. Each discovered device will appear on the left-hand pane of
the screen, and bootable options appear on the right.

http://ozlabs.org/~jk/projects/petitboot/

The distro instructions in the distro kit plus the bootloader docs should help:

http://cell.fixstars.com/ps3linux/download/cell-linux-20080201/CELL-Linux-CL_20080201-ADDON/doc/HowToEnableYourDistro.htm

Paul