Dual Boot on a PS3

John Frankish frankish at dubai.oilfield.slb.com
Mon Nov 17 15:31:00 EST 2008

At 20:02 16-11-08, Owen Stampflee wrote:
>Paul, John,
>
>YDL uses kboot. Dual boot isn't possible but I've heard of some
>people using qemu to "run" Windows.
>
>Cheers,
>Owen

-------------------

Owen,

Thanks for the reply - Do you mean dual boot isn't possible from the
same partition or dual boot isn't possible at all? (It would have
kinda been nice to know that prior to compiling a multi-lib clfs build :-) )

 From the ydl forum ps3 section, at least one user has managed to set
up a ydl / fedora dual boot with ydl and fedora on different
partitions, apparently using the yaboot.conf pasted below (maybe
fedora also modifies kboot?)

Since I'd love to keep ydl, but also experiment with some other clfs
type stuff - is there another way to dual boot using yaboot,
petitboot, kboot, whatnot?

Thanks
John

# yaboot.conf generated by anaconda

boot=/dev/ps3da
init-message=Welcome to Fedora!\nHit <TAB> for boot options

partition=1
timeout=80
default=ydl6_1080p
install=/usr/lib/yaboot/yaboot
delay=5
enablecdboot
enableofboot
enablenetboot
nonvram
mntpoint=/boot/yaboot
usemount

image=/vmlinux-2.6.23-9.ydl6.1
label=ydl6_1080p
read-only
initrd=/initrd-2.6.23-9.ydl6.1.img
append="video=ps3fb:mode:133 rhgb quiet root=LABEL=/"

image=/vmlinuz-2.6.23.1-42.fc8
label=fc8_1080p
read-only
initrd=/initrd-2.6.23.1-42.fc8.img
append="video=ps3fb:mode:133 rhgb quiet root=/dev/ps3da3"