OF GUI boot?

Dustin Kirkland dustin.kirkland at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 08:24:40 EST 2007

On 4/13/07, Jon Sharp <jon at jonsharp.net> wrote:

> I am a long time user of Yaboot and there is a particular feature that I
> would like to help develop, but I would first like to know whether it is
> even feasible.  I would like to see a splash screen on boot, similar to the
> Apple BootX splash screen, rather than the standard text prompt.

Don't supposed you'd be willing to settle for some ASCII art, huh?  I can
pretty easily see you configuring specifying a text file in yaboot.conf, say
asciisplash=/etc/yaboot_splash.txt, and having yaboot dump that to screen
with its existing prom_printf()'s.

One of many image-to-ascii converters:
http://www.glassgiant.com/ascii/

But, I'm guessing you actually want to render binary images, huh?  :-)

:-Dustin