[Skiboot] Dealing with linux side patches

Stewart Smith stewart at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Feb 17 09:15:01 AEDT 2015

Cedric Le Goater <clg at fr.ibm.com> writes:
> On 02/09/2015 02:06 AM, Stewart Smith wrote:
>> Cédric Le Goater <clg at fr.ibm.com> writes:
>>> This patchset reworks the ibmpowernv driver to support the new device
>>> tree. The OPAL call opal_sensor_read is also modified to handle
>>> synchronous reads.
>>
>> this needs to go to linuxppc-dev rather than skiboot :)
>
> Yes ! But the skiboot part being a prerequiste, I thought people might
> want to have the whole picture.

Cool (just checking).

We should probably decide on a Proper Way(TM) to do this.

I'm thinking that perhaps the protocol should be:
1) send skiboot patches to skiboot@
2) send linux patches (labelled RFC) to skiboot@ and linuxppc-dev@

This probably lets us clearly *not* have linux patches merged until
firmware code is (as if we change the firmware interface during review
this is going to lead to crying rather than success if linux has
incorrect code).