[OpenPower-Firmware] LPC Address space questions

Daniel M Crowell dcrowell at us.ibm.com
Thu Oct 15 00:33:13 AEDT 2020

> Oh, so in effect I can treat it as 'hard coded' for my purposes
Yeah, for now that is fine, especially if you are only using single-socket
systems.

--
Dan Crowell
Senior Software Engineer - Power Systems Enablement Firmware
dcrowell at us.ibm.com

From:	"Marty E. Plummer" <hanetzer at startmail.com>
To:	Daniel M Crowell <dcrowell at us.ibm.com>
Cc:	openpower-firmware at lists.ozlabs.org
Date:	10/14/2020 12:05 AM
Subject:	[EXTERNAL] Re: [OpenPower-Firmware] LPC Address space questions

On Wed, Oct 07, 2020 at 03:55:09AM +0000, Daniel M Crowell wrote:
> If there is no functional memory behind proc0 we will remap the fabric id
to maintain memory at physical
> address zero.  This results in the entire MMIO space to be remapped as
well, including the LPC space.  Check
> out targetservicestart.C for some of the logic.  That should give a basic
idea of all of the attributes
> involved.  It is the SBE logic that sets up the LPC and XSCOM BAR, the
values to use are customized into the
> SEEPROM by Hostboot based on the attributes that exist there.  The SBE
pushes the BAR values up as part of the
> communication area it leaves around for HBBL to consume.  HBBL then
pushes it to HB.

Oh, so in effect I can treat it as 'hard coded' for my purposes, since
I'm not modifying the SBE firmware atm? (well, aside from maybe
inserting a replacment hbbl into it)?

https://github.com/open-power/hostboot/blob/master/src/include/arch/memorymap.H
  has some more information on
> how the memory map is organized.