[OpenPower-Firmware] Add new configuration

Stewart Smith stewart at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Mar 13 09:23:52 AEDT 2018

Artem Senichev <artemsen at gmail.com> writes:
> We are developing our own P8 system - the VESNIN server
> (http://yadro.com/products/vesnin).

Hello and welcome!

> I think it would be better to submit our configs and patches to the
> OpenPOWER github but I didn't find any documentation about this
> process.

It would be fantastic to have your platform upstream!

I know we're not great on process documentation at the moment, although
there's been some recent efforts to have better online documentation and
codifying some of our practices

> So, I have some questions:
>
> 1. We need a vesnin-xml repository (similar to
> https://github.com/open-power/palmetto-xml) for storing our machine
> configuration files. What we have to do to create it and push the
> initial commit?

Correct.

Historically, when adding platforms, it takes one or two revisions to
get the main pull request to op-build sorted out, so we usually say
"start with it on your own github account, and then we can create an
open-power based one".

Does that work for you?

> 2. What procedure is used to commit changes to the op-build project?
> Is there any code review system (like gerrit) or should we submit
> patches by email?

We tend to do things via github pull requests for op-build itself. For
skiboot, we do things via patches to the skiboot mailing list. For
the kernel that's in op-build we do that by telling people to get their
patches into upstream stable kernels and avoid doing any development
directly on it :)

Does that help?

--
Stewart Smith