[linux dev-6.6 v1 0/2] spi: npcm-pspi: add full duplex and fix word issue

Andrew Jeffery andrew at codeconstruct.com.au
Fri Jul 26 16:18:14 AEST 2024

On Tue, 2024-07-16 at 17:05 +0300, Tomer Maimon wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> On Tue, 16 Jul 2024 at 06:25, Andrew Jeffery
> <andrew at codeconstruct.com.au> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, 2024-07-09 at 19:02 +0300, Tomer Maimon wrote:
> > > This patch set:
> > >       1. Add full duplex support - this patch have been upstream to dev-6.1
> > >                                                                and removed.
> > >       2. Fix transfer bits per word issue.
> > >
> > > Tomer Maimon (2):
> > >   spi: npcm-pspi: add full duplex support
> > >   spi: npcm-pspi: Fix transfer bits per word issue
> > >
> > >  drivers/spi/spi-npcm-pspi.c | 90 ++++++++++++++++---------------------
> > >  1 file changed, 38 insertions(+), 52 deletions(-)
> > >

> > What's the state of this series with respect to upstream? Is this
> > something specific to the openbmc/linux dev-6.6 tree, or is there an
> > upstream equivalent? If the latter, can you please link to the relevant
> > series?
> This patch set hasn't been upstream yet to OpenBMC vanilla and it is
> not specific to openbmc/linux dev-6.6 tree.
> We will do our best to upstream this patch in kernel 6.11 (We already
> have a lot of patches to handle in the next kernel version :-)).
> since we need to upgrade the NPCM from dev-6.1 to dev-6.6, we would
> appreciate it if you could add it now to dev-6.6

v6.11-rc1 should be tagged on the weekend. Given that and your intent
to start sending the patches during its stabilisation (I'm interpreting
your comment above as sending them targeting the v6.12 merge window), I
intend to apply this (and the remaining patches I haven't otherwise
replied to) once we have links to them on the upstream lists, and
tracking them with the usual OpenBMC-Staging-Count tag.

Andrew