phosphor-misc: CI Build failure

i.kononenko i.kononenko at yadro.com
Thu Apr 28 03:26:00 AEST 2022

Patrick, thanks for response!

On 27.04.2022 19:13, Patrick Williams wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 27, 2022 at 04:39:01PM +0300, i.kononenko wrote:
>> Hello.
>>
>> Today I was received notice of the phosphor-misc CI build failed due to
>> many `shellcheck` verify failed.  The last build (where CI fail was
>> found) related to the gerrit change [1] according add support RNDIS and
>> EEM network feature, but `shellchek` raise too many error about another
>> code that hasn't been changed.
>
> I took a look at the failure and it is not due to shellcheck.  We run
> shellcheck every where but it only fails the build if the .shellcheck
> file is present, which this repo does not have[1].
>
> The failure here is that a more recent version of Meson is upset if
> options are passed which are not supported.  This appears to be the case
> in this repo:
>
> ```
> /data0/jenkins/workspace/ci-repository/openbmc/phosphor-misc > meson configure build -Db_sanitize=address,undefined -Db_lundef=false
>
> ERROR: Unknown options: "b_lundef, b_sanitize"
> ```

If I understand correctly, the b_lundef and b_sanitize options specifies in the unit-test.py [1].
Unfortunately, I still don't understand the origin of the error.
Is the `-Db_sanitize=address,undefined -Db_lundef=false` semantic no longer supports in the meson 0.61.3?
I'm a little bit got confused. Could you provide some points where I would might to start to deal with the issue?

> We'll need to clean up whatever is going on with the meson calls here.
>
> 1. https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc-build-scripts/blob/ac5915f07d3b796f224c85477763ca7fe893dcc2/scripts/format-code.sh#L64

Links:
1. https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc-build-scripts/blob/ac5915f07d3b796f224c85477763ca7fe893dcc2/scripts/unit-test.py#L997

--