phosphor-misc: CI Build failure

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Thu Apr 28 02:13:06 AEST 2022

On Wed, Apr 27, 2022 at 04:39:01PM +0300, i.kononenko wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Today I was received notice of the phosphor-misc CI build failed due to
> many `shellcheck` verify failed.  The last build (where CI fail was
> found) related to the gerrit change [1] according add support RNDIS and
> EEM network feature, but `shellchek` raise too many error about another
> code that hasn't been changed.

I took a look at the failure and it is not due to shellcheck.  We run
shellcheck every where but it only fails the build if the .shellcheck
file is present, which this repo does not have[1].

The failure here is that a more recent version of Meson is upset if
options are passed which are not supported.  This appears to be the case
in this repo:

```
/data0/jenkins/workspace/ci-repository/openbmc/phosphor-misc > meson configure build -Db_sanitize=address,undefined -Db_lundef=false

ERROR: Unknown options: "b_lundef, b_sanitize"
```

We'll need to clean up whatever is going on with the meson calls here.

1. https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc-build-scripts/blob/ac5915f07d3b796f224c85477763ca7fe893dcc2/scripts/format-code.sh#L64

--
Patrick Williams