IPMI Restriction Mode

Vernon Mauery vernon.mauery at linux.intel.com
Sat Apr 23 09:24:56 AEST 2022

On 18-Apr-2022 04:56 PM, Kumar Thangavel wrote:
>Thanks for the response and clarification.
>
>I will clarify my question here,
>
>IPMI restriction mode support has been added for host devices which support
>IPMI.
>This restriction mode support can be enabled or disabled from the
>phosphor-settingsd configuration (.yaml) file.
>
>Please check the below link for .yaml file of phosphor-settingsd.
>
>https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/blob/7298b2478ec25cc1814124af523acc4ffade05e6/meta-phosphor/recipes-phosphor/settings/phosphor-settings-defaults/host-template.yaml#L61
>
>We wanted to add restriction mode support for other IPMI based devices
>(Debug card).
>Already phosphor-ipmi-host supports filters for all  IPMI commands which
>have ipmi::Context objects.
>So, How can we enable/disable this restriction mode support
>from phosphor-settings for other IPMI based devices(Debug card). ?

I understand that currently only the host channel is using the
restriction mode. You want to add it for other channels. This has
already been done in the intel-ipmi-oem repo, if you want to take a look
at that. It allows a fine-grained mechanism for command filtering, based
on the channel and the restriction mode (although currently, I think the
restriction mode still only applies to the host channel).

My point is that it is pretty easy to come up with a custom filter
mechanism that should suit you. There is even an option to disable the
built-in filter so you can supply your own.

--Vernon