IPMI Restriction Mode

Kumar Thangavel kumarthangavel.hcl at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 21:26:04 AEST 2022

Thanks for the response and clarification.

I will clarify my question here,

IPMI restriction mode support has been added for host devices which support
IPMI.
This restriction mode support can be enabled or disabled from the
phosphor-settingsd configuration (.yaml) file.

Please check the below link for .yaml file of phosphor-settingsd.

https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/blob/7298b2478ec25cc1814124af523acc4ffade05e6/meta-phosphor/recipes-phosphor/settings/phosphor-settings-defaults/host-template.yaml#L61

We wanted to add restriction mode support for other IPMI based devices
(Debug card).
Already phosphor-ipmi-host supports filters for all  IPMI commands which
have ipmi::Context objects.
So, How can we enable/disable this restriction mode support
from phosphor-settings for other IPMI based devices(Debug card). ?

Thanks,
Kumar.