IPMI Restriction Mode

Vernon Mauery vernon.mauery at linux.intel.com
Thu Apr 14 10:44:57 AEST 2022

On 04-Apr-2022 12:49 PM, Kumar Thangavel wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>        IPMI Restriction mode support has been added for host machines
>which support IPMI.
>
>https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/blob/7298b2478ec25cc1814124af523acc4ffade05e6/meta-phosphor/recipes-phosphor/settings/phosphor-settings-defaults/host-template.yaml#L61
>
>        How IPMI restriction mode support can be added for other than host
>devices (IPMI based devices). Ex Debug card.  ?

I am not exactly sure what you are asking for here. When you say other
devices, are you asking about restricting commands based on what channel
they come in on?

This is possible. A filter can filter on any criteria that is available
with the ipmi::Context object and the command. It can even extract
command data and take action there. I only say this if you are
interested in writing a new filter of your own.

But if you want to see a filter that is already implemented that
restricts commands based on BMC state and incoming channel, you can look
at the filtering done in the intel-ipmi-oem repo.

If my guess at what you meant was wrong, please clarify and I will try
again.

--Vernon