My role as Community Manager

krtaylor kurt.r.taylor at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 02:13:55 AEST 2021

FYI, I'm not sure who knows, but I have been on a part-time leave of
absence working half days while I went back to college and completed my
second degree. I am reaching the end of my time with IBM and therefore,
with the duties as Community Manager for OpenBMC. I wouldn't mind
continuing this role, but don't currently have plans to do so with
another company.

I believe that I have all the responsibilities somewhat backfilled so
there shouldn't be any impact to the project. Brad will of course still
be able to handle CLA process and requests for legal/copyright/license
assistance. The monthly metrics gatering will be done by Reed Frandsen,
and the metric tools are available in my github repo. I have talked with
him about my plans to enhance these metrics to present a more complete
view of project contributions.

I also acted as an interface into the Linux Foundation, but Brad and the
TSC have also been copied on those activities, including the discussions
on using LF services for hosting gerrit, jenkins, email, better website,
etc. I will also hand off the access to our simple wordpress account on
OpenBMC.org to Brad.

I did not get to finish the CLA/Developer acl automation that I had
planned, but the beginnings are in place. The idea was to get CLA
Schedule A's in txt form so that they could be managed by the companies
themselves via a simple gerrit push. Developers could then be
programmatically added and removed from other testing/company
lists/groups as needed for simplified project processes.

So, July 30th will "officially" be my last day with IBM and OpenBMC. You
all know my email address, and of course I will continue to answer any
requests for help as best as I can. Please contact me privately for any
questions/comments on this transition.

If I don't get to chat with you individually, please know that I have
enjoyed working with all of you. I wish you all continued success with
OpenBMC.

Kurt Taylor (krtaylor)