Action: OpenBMC community messaging survey

Joseph Reynolds jrey at linux.ibm.com
Thu Sep 24 12:58:24 AEST 2020

On 9/23/20 2:48 PM, krtaylor wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am doing a survey. If you DO NOT use IRC, would you start
> communicating regularly with the community if we used a different
> messaging platform? Maybe some other reason?
>
> I am not suggesting anything at the moment, just looking at ways to
> remove any communication barriers and improve open designs and
> development.
>
> If you DO NOT USE IRC regularly, please follow this link for a short
> survey. It is completely anonymous and will remain open until 12:00pm
> Central, Monday September 28th.

Hi Kurt.  Thanks for trying to improve communication within the OpenBMC
community.

I was confused by the survey and did not submit my answers.  I use the
IRC (per [1]) but sometimes go days without reading, and rarely
respond.  I find IRC setup confusing, but easy enough to use.  And I
would prefer to use slack features such as a full conversation history
and threaded conversations.

- Joseph

[1]: https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc#contact