Action: OpenBMC community messaging survey

krtaylor kurt.r.taylor at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 23:45:13 AEST 2020

On 9/23/20 9:58 PM, Joseph Reynolds wrote:
> On 9/23/20 2:48 PM, krtaylor wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I am doing a survey. If you DO NOT use IRC, would you start
>> communicating regularly with the community if we used a different
>> messaging platform? Maybe some other reason?
>>
>> I am not suggesting anything at the moment, just looking at ways to
>> remove any communication barriers and improve open designs and
>> development.
>>
>> If you DO NOT USE IRC regularly, please follow this link for a short
>> survey. It is completely anonymous and will remain open until 12:00pm
>> Central, Monday September 28th.
>
> Hi Kurt.  Thanks for trying to improve communication within the OpenBMC
> community.
>
> I was confused by the survey and did not submit my answers.  I use the
> IRC (per [1]) but sometimes go days without reading, and rarely

Thanks for the question - I could have been more clear about "regular
use", and in the survey I do say that a bit better.

 From your description, I would say that you are not a regular user of
IRC. That is, you do your work without periodically discussing it in
IRC, and are not actively participating in others work and design
discussions. Absolutely no judgement here, this is a common situation
that we can hopefully address and facilitate for other developers.

Please feel free to take the survey, the feedback will be very much
appreciated.

Kurt Taylor (krtaylor)