Removing watchdog and ipmi

Mike proclivis at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 08:37:28 AEST 2020

Joseph,

I was able to get watchdog out, thanks.

I still can’t reboot through the webui, but that is probably because it eventually a service expects the host to chat over ipmi. However, I see my supplies power off and prove my host-poweroff.service works, confirming how things are connected.

Since my goal is to demonstrate how to integrate my products, this is probably good enough. But it does show that a system design without a host has more plumbing required to get things to work. For an FPGA or ASIC it might be a service acting like a host but monitoring GPIO pins.

If anyone knows of a similar service that plays the role of host, I would like to look at it.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone