Removing watchdog and ipmi

Joseph Reynolds jrey at linux.ibm.com
Fri Sep 18 08:25:51 AEST 2020

On 9/16/20 4:55 PM, Mike Jones wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What is the proper way to remove phosphor-watchdog and ipmi from a project?

I'm not an expert, but it seems like you would create a bbappend (maybe
in the raspberry pi layer?) for
https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/blob/master/meta-phosphor/recipes-phosphor/ipmi/phosphor-ipmi-host_git.bb
This append would undo the effect of: RDEPENDS_${PN} +=
"virtual/obmc-watchdog"
In this way, the phosphor-ipmi-host package would not pull in the
watchdog package.

But you probably just need to remove phosphor-ipmi-host and
phosphor-watchdog (via virtual/obmc-watchdog) will no longer be pulled
into the image.

To remove phosphor-ipmi-host you would do something like: DEPENDS -=
"phosphor-ipmi-host".

I hope someone who knows will tell us how to really do it!

- Joseph