Removing watchdog and ipmi

Mike Jones proclivis at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 07:55:37 AEST 2020

Hi,

What is the proper way to remove phosphor-watchdog and ipmi from a project?

The goal is to not have the watchdog interfere in a raspberrypi project because there is no host, and there is no need for ipmi for my purposes.

I have created host-poweron and host-poweroff services and can manually start/stop them and see my regulators go on/off. I want the webui server power widget to power on/off using these services, but I think the watchdog is interfering. My understanding is obmc-chassis-poweron/off will trigger host-poweron/off.

Based on meta-quanta, I don’t see any other services I have to define to hook up host-poweron/off. This is why I think removing the watchdog is enough. But if there is any other interfering factor in a hostless system, I need to know that as well.

Mike