Dynamic layout for the Serial-Over-Lan window in phosphor-webui

Derick Montague Derick.Montague at ibm.com
Fri Nov 6 04:15:01 AEDT 2020

> I was working on a Serial-Over-Lan layout in a phosphor-webui. For me
> it seems horribly broken

> I came up with a solution where a terminal window resizes according to
> the window changes.

I agree that the SOL layout in the phosphor-webui GUI does not provide a
good experience. It was also noted by Patrick Williams that the font stack
being used also did not provide a good experience. To that extent, IBM and
Intel, working with other community members that regularly attend the OpenBMC
GUI Design  Work Group, collaborated to improve the SOL and KVM over IP
experiences in the webui-vue GUI (www.github.com/openbmc/webui-vue). The
experience of the web based terminals are consistent and significantly
improved.

SOL: https://github.com/openbmc/webui-vue/issues/25
KVM: https://github.com/openbmc/webui-vue/issues/24

We have provide details on the reason for creating the webui-vue GUI
in the repo's README: https://github.com/openbmc/webui-vue#webui-vue

Thank you!

Derick Montague
IBM Cognitive Systems User Experience