Dynamic layout for the Serial-Over-Lan window in phosphor-webui

Konstantin Aladyshev aladyshev22 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 07:42:16 AEDT 2020

Thanks for the reply, Derick!
But it doesn't really answer any of my questions.
I understand that the 'webui-vue' is a future of OpenBMC, but
currently some systems still use 'phosphor-webui'.
Can I create a commit for a dynamic layout for a SoL window in 'phosphor-webui'?
If I can, what is preferred?
-getting rid of fixed layout completely as almost nobody seems to use it anyway
-create another JSON option like "consoleDynamicDisplaySize" for a
dynamic layout

I didn't tried 'webui-vue' myself, but from looking at the code it seems like:
1) it doesn't use any JSON for a fixed layout (one more argument, that
these JSON parameters are obsolete);
2) it doesn't re-fit terminal on window resize, so it seems like the
problem should persist here also in some way

Best regards,
Konstantin Aladyshev