Dynamic layout for the Serial-Over-Lan window in phosphor-webui

Konstantin Aladyshev aladyshev22 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 01:54:39 AEDT 2020

Hello!
I was working on a Serial-Over-Lan layout in a phosphor-webui. For me
it seems horribly broken
(https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-webui/issues/125):
- it is fixed in size even in full screen
- it uses only a part of its space for output in full-window view

I came up with a solution where a terminal window resizes according to
the window changes. Example:
https://i114.fastpic.ru/big/2020/1105/44/af933bbaa02d950e6164ff68dd754044.png
https://fastpic.ru/view/114/2020/1105/_2c94432100b3c3d40cc8553768b153f4.png.html

What do you think of it?
Do we still need a fixed layout, where we control its size through the
JSON file?
The only place where it is overridden is:
./meta-intel/meta-common/recipes-phosphor/webui/phosphor-webui/config.json :
"customConsoleDisplaySize": {
  "width": 100,
  "height": 32
}

So, almost nobody seems to use it. Wouldn't it be better to get rid of
a fixed layout completely in favor of a dynamic one?
Or should this be another JSON option like "consoleDynamicDisplaySize"?