add multi-host support in the phosphor-post-code-manager

Manikandan manikandan.hcl.ers.epl at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 06:31:04 AEST 2020

On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 06:28:44PM +0000, Vijay Khemka wrote:
> I would also prefer single process design but as Patrick mentioned about hot pluggable
> Host, either we can predefine maximum allowed host per platform or go for multi
> process  approach for complete dynamic pluggable host.
>
> We really need to assess what is the disadvantage in predefining maximum number of hosts
> With single process because there will be limited slots available per platform.

Thanks Vijay for comment.

The Multi-host on obmc-console and x86-power-control design and implemetation based on
multi-process as i checked source code.

As already obmc-console and x86-power-control agreed on multi-process ,
Is there specific reason we need to go for the single process design to support
on multi-host postcode.

I understand that x86-power-control initially planned to have single process for multi-host
and then later changed to the multi-process.