Redfish Processor Command

Brad Bishop bradleyb at fuzziesquirrel.com
Wed Jul 8 22:09:47 AEST 2020

On Mon, Jul 06, 2020 at 03:13:30PM -0700, Bills, Jason M wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>Intel processors have an interface called PECI that allows commands to
>be sent to the processor from the BMC, and we currently provide a
>Redfish OEM action to send PECI commands to the processor.
>
>We proposed to the DMTF to add a standard command action to the
>Redfish Processor resource for this purpose, and their suggestion was
>to just keep it as an OEM action.
>
>We're now trying to figure out the right way to handle this capability
>in OpenBMC.  Would anyone else have use of a generic processor command
>action in our OpenBMC Redfish implementation?

I'd be able to make use of a common Redfish interface.  On POWER
processors there is an embedded ppc405 core called the OCC (on chip
controller) that provides a similar interface to the BMC.  We
implemented a dbus pass through interface for it:

https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-dbus-interfaces/blob/master/org/open_power/OCC/PassThrough.interface.yaml

It is implemented by this application:

https://github.com/openbmc/openpower-occ-control