Why IPv6AcceptRA is disabled in phosphor-network

David Wang (王振宇) DavidWang at quantatw.com
Tue Jul 7 21:09:55 AEST 2020

Hi all,
  I want to set DHCPv6 to enable by default in my BMC.
That is, I can delete /etc/systemd/network/00-bmc-eth*.network
and reboot and still have DHCPv6 reachable.

But I notice that IPv6AcceptRA is disabled in phosphor-network
in order not to handle the ipv6 routing advertisement message periodically.
See: https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/phosphor-networkd/+/8361

Why we need to avoid handling RA periodically?
Does it cause any bad effect?
If I want to keep the acceptance RA, how should I configure it?
Or should I just patch "IPv6AcceptRA=true" in phosphor-network of my BMC?

Thank you,

Regards,
David