Change 27956 dbus-sensors PSUSensor appears to break Entity ID

James Feist james.feist at linux.intel.com
Fri Jan 17 06:35:10 AEDT 2020

On 1/15/20 6:00 PM, Josh Lehan wrote:
> Hello there.
>
> A recent change to dbus-sensors, 27956 on Gerrit, appears to have
> introduced a difference which breaks the Entity ID field.
>
> Alex Qiu has written what the symptom is, and I traced through the code.
> Both findings are written as comments, to that change on Gerrit.
>
> I'm open to suggestions on how to resolve this. There are probably many
> people using the PSUSensor program in different ways.
>
> I am curious as to the behavior Intel was seeing in their project. There
> must be a difference in the way we are using the PSUSensor program, in
> which the way we're using it sees this as a breakage, but Intel sees
> this as a fix. Any details that can be provided?

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the investigation. Would you mind creating an issue?

I think this has to do with Redfish and the power schema. Upon looking
closer, I think this patch should be reverted, and the fix be applied to
Redfish to distinguish between power sensors and other types of sensors.

I'd be fine if you created a revert as well if there is an issue to
point to with your research.

Thanks

-James