Change 27956 dbus-sensors PSUSensor appears to break Entity ID

Josh Lehan krellan at google.com
Thu Jan 16 13:00:41 AEDT 2020

Hello there.

A recent change to dbus-sensors, 27956 on Gerrit, appears to have
introduced a difference which breaks the Entity ID field.

Alex Qiu has written what the symptom is, and I traced through the code.
Both findings are written as comments, to that change on Gerrit.

I'm open to suggestions on how to resolve this. There are probably many
people using the PSUSensor program in different ways.

I am curious as to the behavior Intel was seeing in their project. There
must be a difference in the way we are using the PSUSensor program, in
which the way we're using it sees this as a breakage, but Intel sees this
as a fix. Any details that can be provided?

Thanks!
Josh

Josh Lehan | Software Engineer | krellan at google.com | +1 650-733-8941