No sensors displayed in webUI

James Feist james.feist at linux.intel.com
Thu Jan 16 04:26:48 AEDT 2020

On 1/15/20 12:41 AM, Max Power wrote:
> Hi
>
> What are the basic requirements for phosphor-webui to display the list
> the available sensors?
>
> I've create a simple entity-manager configuration for my custom hardware
> containing some voltage and temp sensors definitions. All the configured
> sensors are accessible under "/sys/class/hwmon/hwmon*".
> "entity-manager" and "dbus-sensors" related services like "ADCSensor" or
> "CPUSensor" are up and running, "busctl tree" lists all the sensors
> under "/xyz/openbmc_project/sensors" and I'm able to read the sensors
> properities using "busctl introspect".
>
> But the server-health/sensors-overview page in webUI always shows
> "There are no sensors found."

There was a thread about this last week:

https://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/openbmc/2020-January/020044.html
https://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/openbmc/2020-January/020136.html

TL;DR all the sensors are available in Redfish, but the WebUI hasn't
move over to full Redfish support yet. There is a test patch that helps
enable this in the thread.