webui not working for me

Vijay Khemka vijaykhemka at fb.com
Sat Jan 4 12:38:16 AEDT 2020

Hi,
I am trying to use webui but not getting anything working. I might be missing some steps.
I did following.

  1.  npm install in repo directory.
  2.  Recompiled bmcweb with BMCWEB_INSECURE_DISABLE_XSS_PREVENTION on and transferred bmcweb to target.
  3.  Run chrome browser with http://bmc-ip
  4.  I see blank page. Then tried with https and accepted certificates.
  5.  But still I see page with “refused to connect”

Please help me what else I need to do. I got 2 warning while installing NPM.

npm WARN bootstrap at 4.4.1 requires a peer of jquery at 1.9.1 - 3 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.

npm WARN bootstrap at 4.4.1 requires a peer of popper.js@^1.16.0 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.

audited 12116 packages in 4.87s

6 packages are looking for funding

  run `npm fund` for details

found 2 moderate severity vulnerabilities

  run `npm audit fix` to fix them, or `npm audit` for details

I tried fixing this by using “audit fix”  but no success.

Regards
-Vijay